- There is one approved flying school in Maldives and that is Island Aviation Serviced Limited located at Gan International Airport.
- We also have an approved school in Barcelona and that is European Aviation School (EAS) of Barcelona.
- However, a licence obtained from an ICAO contracting state will in principle be accepted by Maldives Civil Aviation Authority in accordance with MCAR Aircrew, Annex III (Conditions for the acceptance of licences issued by or on behalf of third countries).
- For the issuance of Maldivian licence, the requirements under MCAR Aircrew Annex III (Conditions for the acceptance of licences issued by or on behalf of third countries) or MCAR Aircrew Part FCL shall be met.
- For the issuance of a type rating the requirements of FCL 720.A/H (pass in ATPL theoretical knowledge examination) shall be met.
- ATPL Theoretical Knowledge Examinations conducted by EASA authorities will be accepted by this authority. In addition to this, MCAA accepts the Theoretical Knowledge Examinations conducted by the Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and Singapore.
The referred regulations are available on MCAA website: www.caa.gov.mv
*Please consider this statement as a recognition.